Job Added: 11/11/20
Applications Close: 30/11/20
Start Date: Immediate start available but flexible around current employment conditions
Level: Some relevant experience required
Contract: Part-time or Full time
Based: Studio based in Lancaster (working from home until guidance changes)
BECOME A DESIGNER AT TWO STORIES:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative designer to join our team! A creative who has a passion for brand and graphic design that would love to work on our brand, graphic, digital, and campaign design projects and who is keen to grow with our evolving studio. We believe that this is a really exciting role, a real opportunity to make your creative mark within our studio. We are a small team, so all creative ideas and opinions are heard, and we work really collaboratively.
We are willing to consider both part-time and full time roles. We have a flexible working environment; however, we don’t see this as a fully remote working role.
Two Stories is a Brand Consultancy and Design Studio based in Lancaster who specialise in purpose-driven strategic design for a range of different clients. We strongly believe a brand is more than your logo. A brand is your whole story. So our work not only spans brand identities but website design, campaign design as well as event design.
We got together to create Two Stories because we believe in something different. We believe our design approach is visual storytelling for a business’s personality and helps businesses grow.
We work collaboratively with our clients as an extension of their team and enjoy the creative freedom they entrust in us.
You should be creative in your approach to design and have some experience working within the industry. We are looking for someone with an inspired portfolio who can tell us why those projects were particularly important to you as a designer and why you enjoy designing.
You will have a strong creative drive and be able to create impactful designs to the highest standard. Designs that tell stories, that are meaningful and leave a lasting impression.
You will have the ability to communicate clearly with the team and to clients and have a degree of confidence when it comes to communicating your ideas.
This is a progressive role with plenty of room to grow as we do. Here at Two Stories, we are a fairly young studio, so we hope you are someone who is eager to grow with us. We have ambitious plans and would like you to feel empowered to show initiative, have your own opinion, and seize an opportunity when you see it!
A passion for design and a love of ideation and storytelling is essential, as well as a desire to create outstanding work. Above all we are looking for someone to be part of a supportive team and adds to our Two Stories culture, we love what we do and are incredibly proud of the work we create, so we hope you will too!
If all this sounds like you, please see a list of ideal qualities below:
YOU WILL HAVE:
- A positive enthusiastic attitude
- A collaborative working style
- Some relevant experience in a similar role
- The ability to communicate visually and verbally
- Confidence in contributing ideas
- An interest in the design industry
- A passion for creating great work
- The confidence to represent Two Stories at events & in meetings
- A genuine interest in helping clients, businesses & charities
- A good understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign.
(After Effects would be good but not essential)
- Good time management and be open to a flexible varied schedule
- Some knowledge of print production processes
WHY WORK WITH TWO STORIES? YOU WILL GET ALL THIS:
- A studio space with a vibrant and creative atmosphere
- A new, ambitious, and energetic studio based in the heart of Lancaster
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working options
- Company pension scheme
- A fun and collaborative team atmosphere
- Absolute freedom to empower your role within the studio
- The opportunity to work with some amazing clients and household names on a range of creative projects
- The chance to work with some really exciting & innovative brands
- Full training where needed
- Professional and personal development time
- Team driven culture – lunches out (we are BIG foodies), industry awards, design festivals
Ready to apply? Please send your CV and portfolio to email@example.com along with up to 5 bullet points on why you think Two Stories is the place for you!