Job Added: August 2022
Applications Close: Monday 22nd August at 5pm
Start Date: Immediate start available, but flexible around current employment
Level: Relevant experience welcome
Contract: Full time
Based: Studio in Lancaster (with flexible working from home, as desired)
THE ROLE IN BRIEF:
We are looking for a Studio Manager to oversee, support, and manage our studio and the delivery of projects, on time and efficiently.
You will be keen to understand all elements of our brand and creative process to manage the smooth running of the studio and its projects.
As an award-winning brand consultancy and design studio, you will be working on a range of national and regional brands, taking the role of relationship manager between our clients and our team.
You will be an integral part of the Two Stories team, working directly with the whole multidisciplinary team to ensure the success of the studio.
WHO WILL I BE WORKING WITH?
- Internal: Across the studio; Design; Digital; Brand; Comms; Directors
- External: Clients, partner agencies, and suppliers
- The Studio Manager will report to the Managing Director.
WHAT WILL I BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Managing the day-to-day running of the studio and its operations, making full use of project management and collaboration tools
- Efficiently managing studio time across the schedule
- Liaising with clients on their project needs and being the relationship manager between clients and our team
- Assessing, questioning, and clarifying client briefs, working with the team to ensure they have everything they need to complete a project successfully
- Working with the Comms & Creative Directors to assign the appropriate team members to relevant projects
- Reviewing studio amendments before they are shared with the client
- Creating and implementing deadlines and managing client expectations to ensure a smooth process with on-time delivery
- Managing procurement of office supplies, print, tools and organising deliveries
- Collating and organising image libraries, video, artwork, and branding assets, and ensuring files are stored and named accordingly
- Ensuring time is being tracked effectively across all projects
- Working with the senior team to monitor and adjust processes to improve efficiencies across the studio
- Managing a multi-disciplinary studio team, which may comprise of a range of designers, copywriters, digital skills, and freelancers, and setting daily priorities and supporting the team.
THOSE WHO SUCCEED ARE…
- Willing to understand the brand, design, communications, and digital development processes – but do not need to have skills in these areas
- Skilled with Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office applications. A willingness to learn how to update website content using CMS programmes, such as WordPress
- Able to manage multiple projects – requiring a variety of skills – deadlines and budgets
- Adept at building relationships and can balance the needs of the clients, the work, and the team.
WHERE THEY COME FROM, AND WHERE THEY GO…
For the Studio Manager role, experience in or understanding of brand, design, digital, or brand communications is desired but not crucial. Studio/agency experience is welcome.
This role focuses on relationship and project management, internally with our team and externally with clients and suppliers.
Two Stories is a purpose-led brand consultancy and design studio based in Lancaster that creates meaningful, memorable brands.
We specialise in strategic brand communications and design for a range of national and regional clients across a variety of sectors.
We strongly believe a brand is more than your logo. It’s your whole story. Therefore, our work not only spans brand identity, but website, campaign and event design, content creation, social media, PR, and copywriting.
Founders Bekkie Hull, Creative Director, and Rob Ellis, Managing Director, teamed up to create Two Stories because they believed in something different. At Two Stories, our approach is visual and verbal storytelling that helps businesses grow.
We work collaboratively with our clients, as an extension of their team, and enjoy the creative freedom they entrust in us.
WHY WORK WITH TWO STORIES? YOU WILL GET ALL THIS:
- A studio space with a vibrant and creative atmosphere based in the heart of Lancaster
- Working as part of a fun, ambitious, and collaborative team
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working options
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and full office closure at Christmas
- Company pension scheme
- Absolute freedom to empower your role within the studio
- The opportunity to work with amazing clients and household names on a range of creative projects
- The chance to work with exciting and innovative brands
- Professional and personal development time
- Team-driven culture – lunches out (we are BIG foodies), industry awards, design festivals, and annual summer, Christmas, and studio birthday parties
Ready to apply? Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with TWO bullet points on why you think Two Stories is the place for you!